Thursday, September 10, 2009

Idiots in a Bar

Could someone please tell me why there are so many idiots that go downtown to the bars? I work downtown at a bar as a bouncer and I get to deal with these morons every weekend. How hard is it to go downtown, drink, have a good time and not become a complete belligerent dumb ass. Pardon my french but it amazes me that people go out and do this every weekend.

When I go downtown I drink, and I drink a lot, but i do not turn into a piece of drunken mush that i see week in week out. Yeah I might be running around hoopin' and hollerin' but I'm stumbling and causing to much of a ruckus. How hard is that? Now don't get me wrong I have become a drunken mess on a couple of occasions and I knew that it was my time to go home, but every weekend I get to deal with college kids who think that they can just keep on truckin' and end up falling all over the place so that I have to kick them out. To make matters worse when I do kick them out they feel as if they can barter thier way back into the bar. "C'mon man I'm not that drunk;" "Dude really? You such an asshole" are the typical reactions to doing my job. Sometimes it does end up in a fight because the alcohol is worth that ticket your going to get. Really? Is that what college students have become? A drunken group mob that doesn't know when enough is enough? Its quite sad.

Now I'm not saying that everyone should quit drinking because I drink and yes I think it is fun. I think we should all just realize that living you days hungover is not a good thing, or at least when you go out to party realize enough is enough.

0 comments: