Thursday, October 22, 2009

Writing Block

So I've started a new band and I'm the vocalist. Granted we don't have a full band yet but we are trying to put it together. Our guitarist Bern has been writing plenty of songs and I am supposed to write lyrics to these songs. But as of late I have had complete writers block and can't seem to think of anything awesome. For our first song I wrote about lumberjacks and how badass they are. It worked out alright but after that I have been in a complete slump.

I thought about writing a tune about the most badass man that had ever lived. He went by the name "Mad Jack". He was from scottland and fought in WWII. He didnt really like to use a gun and when his boat touched down in Normandy his was playing his bagpipes as the door dropped. He only used a claymore (giant sword) and a bow when he went into battle. He was also captured by the Germans after they blew up his platoon and only he lived. They took him to a concentration camp and decided to leave so he left. After being free and wandering for a while he got captured again and repeated the first process until he found a platoon of US troops near italy.

Basically I think I will write a second song about Mad Jack and there you have it thats my blog.

0 comments: